For more information about U-M’s continued response to COVID-19, please visit the U-M Coronavirus website.

Exploring U-M’s Opportunities Around the World


Register Your Travel

Select your registry:

Your registry will open in a new tab.

Faculty and Staff

The University of Michigan provides a secure system for faculty, staff, students and sponsored affiliates to record travel plans and contact information. The registry is a convenient, one- stop service that supports emergency communications and access to University approved travel abroad health insurance.

Registering group travel abroad?

Who is required to register travel?

  • All U-M faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes. (See U-M International Travel Policy).
  • Travel should be registered prior to departure.
  • Travelers should update their registrations as additional information becomes available or changes occur during travel.
  • Domestic travel may be registered, as well as personal and leisure travel.
  • Faculty and staff travelers may list accompanying family or friends who are not directly associated with the University.

What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?

  • Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables the U-M to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registry is the University’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.
  • U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance: The travel registry provides access to U-M approved travel abroad health insurance. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.
  • 2,775

    U-M is the No. 4 all-time producer of Peace Corps volunteers since it was founded in 1961

  • 60+

    More than 60 languages are offered at U-M