Select your registry:
Your registry will open in a new tab.
IMPORTANT: All countries outside the U.S. are currently under a U-M COVID-19 Travel Restriction until further notice. Please visit the Warnings & Restrictions page for more information about this travel restriction.
The University of Michigan provides a secure system for faculty, staff, students and sponsored affiliates to record travel plans and contact information. The registry is a convenient, one- stop service that supports emergency communications and access to University approved travel abroad health insurance.
Registering group travel abroad?
- Please submit a Student Group Travel Request Form and list all student and/or affiliated participants.
- For UMRT group travel abroad to a U-M Travel Warning or Restriction destination, the program leader must complete a Group Safety Plan for ITOC approval and each participant will need to complete a Safety Plan for Individual Travel for ITOC approval, in addition to other U-M and unit travel requirements. Group safety plans should be submitted at least 3 weeks before making any non-refundable purchases towards a trip in the event travel is not approved or must be postponed. Participants should also avoid making any financial commitments towards travel until after the Group Safety Plan and other participation requirements have been complete.
- For more information:
- For additional questions, please refer to this FAQs flyer or contact email@example.com.
Who is required to register travel?
- All U-M faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes. (See U-M International Travel Policy).
- Travel should be registered prior to departure.
- Travelers should update their registrations as additional information becomes available or changes occur during travel.
- During COVID-19, domestic travel must be registered.
- Faculty and staff travelers may list accompanying family or friends who are not directly associated with the University.
- Personal and leisure travel may be registered, but this is not required.
What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?
- Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables the U-M to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registry is the University’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.
- U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance: The travel registry provides access to U-M approved travel abroad health insurance. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.
U-M is the No. 4 all-time producer of Peace Corps volunteers since the program was established in 1961
U-M ranked 4th in the nation in the number of U.S. students studying abroad for the 2018-2019 academic year