Select your registry:
Your registry will open in a new tab.
The University of Michigan provides a secure system for faculty, staff, students and sponsored affiliates to record travel plans and contact information. The registry is a convenient, one- stop service that supports emergency communications and access to University approved travel abroad health insurance.
Students traveling as a group?
- For student group trips abroad, please submit a Student Group Travel Request Form.
- For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Who is required to register travel?
- All U-M faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes. (See U-M International Travel Policy).
- Travel should be registered prior to departure.
- Travelers should update their registrations as additional information becomes available or changes occur during travel.
- Domestic travel may be registered, as well as personal and leisure travel.
- Faculty and staff travelers may list accompanying family or friends who are not directly associated with the University.
What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?
- Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables the U-M to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registry is the University’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.
- U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance: The travel registry provides access to U-M approved travel abroad health insurance. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.
U-M’s International Institute houses 17 centers and programs focused on world regions and global themes
More than 40 languages are taught at U-M