Romania, Center for Russian, East European,
and Eurasian Studies

About the Travel Registry

The University of Michigan provides a secure website within Wolverine Access for faculty, staff and students to record travel plans and contact information. The Registry is a convenient, one-stop service that supports emergency communications and access to University approved travel abroad health insurance. In accordance with U-M’s International Travel Policy, SPG 601.31 (PDF), University faculty, staff, and students are required to register their international travel plans when traveling for University-related purposes.

What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?

  • Emergency Communications: In the event of an emergency, the Travel Registry will help the University get in touch with you and will support your ability to reach us for urgent health, safety and security related information.
  • University Approved Travel Abroad Health Insurance: The Travel Registry provides direct access to obtain University approved travel abroad health insurance. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or a natural disaster.
  • Trip Summary and University Emergency Contact Information: The Travel Registry provides a summary of the information you enter, along with emergency contact information, which can be printed or emailed. It provides a mobile application with a summary of your trip details. Information about the mobile app can be found at

Who is required to register with the Travel Registry?

In accordance with U-M’s International Travel Policy, SPG 601.31 (PDF), all faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for University-related purposes must register their international travel in the Travel Registry before departure. Travelers should update the Travel Registry as additional information becomes available or changes occur during travel.

The Travel Registry may be used to register domestic travel, as well as personal and leisure travel.

A University traveler may choose to list accompanying family or friends who are not directly associated with the University.

Note: Schools, colleges and other University units may have additional travel registration requirements. Please check with your department for more information.

How can administrators register travel on behalf of individuals or groups?

Faculty, staff, and students on the Ann Arbor, Flint and Dearborn campuses have self-service access to the Wolverine Access Travel Registry at (U-M Kerberos/weblogin is required.) Your unit may choose to have administrators register travelers rather than ask travelers to self-register. All travelers, however, will be able to view their travel registration in the Travel Registry and may supplement or update personal information related to their trip.

To request administrator access to the Travel Registry, note the following:

  1. An administrator role is available to allow an authorized individual to register other individuals and groups, and to copy trips from one traveler to another. Access must be requested through the Information and Technology Services (ITS) On-line Access Request System (OARS) and a short e-learning course must be completed before access is granted. To request access, navigate to OARS, and click the Role Selection Tool link. Click the Student Administration tab. The role is in the Campus Community section, CC TRAVEL REGISTRY USER. After the request is submitted, the administrator’s Unit Liaison must approve the role request. Once approved, an email will be sent to the administrator with instructions to complete the My Linc e-learning course. Access is generally granted within two business days after course completion.
  2. A “view only” role is also available which may be useful for staff who have oversight responsibilities, but will not be registering travelers. Follow the same steps as above, but request the CC TRAVEL REGISTRY VIEWER role instead.

To learn more about the Travel Registry, visit My Linc and search on “Travel Registry.” The ITS Help Desk is also available to assist with access or software questions – 734/764-HELP (4357) or visit