Guidelines for proposing international agreements for U-M signature:
- These guidelines apply to educational partnership or affiliation agreements, memoranda of understanding, memoranda of agreement, non-binding agreements and any amendments to such documents. Agreements for international sponsored research proposals should follow the procedures found here.
- All Ann Arbor campus agreements will be signed by the vice provost for global and engaged education on behalf of the provost and the Board of Regents. Flint and Dearborn agreements should be signed by the appropriate chancellor or authorized delegate.
- Processing time is four to six weeks (including legal review, revisions and final approval).
- All documents (e.g., agreements, amendments and attachments) must be written in English (additional copies in other languages are permissible).
- The use of standard U-M templates is strongly encouraged and will facilitate faster review and signature:
- Appropriate deans and/or department heads must be informed of the proposed agreement and any unit-level resources that may be required to support the proposed activities.
- The Proposal for International Agreement Form (PDF) must be completed within the sponsoring unit to provide specific information to the provost and vice provost for global and engaged education. This form is for internal purposes only and will not be a recorded as part of the formal agreement.
- Draft agreement and proposal form should be submitted to Stephanie Schmitzer in the Office of General Counsel (OGC): email@example.com. Once any revisions are confirmed by OGC and the sponsoring unit, the approved version will be signed in the Provost’s Office and returned to the sponsoring unit.